DIY USA Flag Shorts Using Textile Paint in 10 Steps
DIY USA Flag Shorts is surely the easiest as long as you got a cloth with the USA Flag print. But what if there is none to be found? I’m here in the Philippines and it’s rare to find any. So, what I did?
I took out my I-thought-useless-textile-paints which fortunately are all primary colors and let creativity just control me. Here is my very own pair following only 10 steps to accomplish the DIY USA Flag shorts using textile paint.
DIY USA Flag Shorts Steps:
textile paints (red and blue), broad and fine brushes, scissors, masking tape, safety pins, black thread, needle, old shirt / white cloth, a pair of shorts
[column width="250px" padding="10px"]
- Make a pattern. Use any piece of paper, put it on top and start tracing the edges / line where you will put the USA flag print on. Do the same to the other side.
- Use the pattern for your white cloth / old shirt. Carefully cut tracing the pattern.
- Place masking tapes to outline the red stripes then, start painting.
- For stars of the other side, create your own on a piece of paper as your pattern.
[/column][column width="250px" padding="10px"]5. Cut the pattern, trace it on the white shirt and outline it blue with the use of fine brush
6. Paint the rest of the background blue.
7. Let it Dry.
8. Once dry, remove the tapes and see magic.
9. Sew / Glue the newly painted cloth on shorts while using safety pins to keep it still.
10. When done, SHOW OFF you DIY USA Flag shorts.[/column][end_columns]
Below is A DIY video tutorial to see the steps in action.